ACDA/MMEA Call for Session Proposals
ACDA/MMEA members are invited to submit session proposals for our Annual In-Service Conference to be held in Hattiesburg, MS, March 19-21, 2015.
In addition to the application form, please submit the following information:
- Session descriptions must be e-mailed to the address below as an attachment using a Word format (maximum 50 words)
- All applicants are required to submit a photo and a short bio (not to exceed 250 characters) with this application. The photo (jpeg) and bio must be submitted as an attachment to this document. No application will be accepted without this.
- All presenters who are members of the music education community and teach and/or reside in Mississippi must be current NAfME/ACDA members at the time of application. Out-of-State presenters must be members of their affiliated state ACDA/NAfME organizations.
- All in-state clinicians must pay convention registration fees.
- Session proposal applications must be e-mailed or postmarked no later than June 1, 2014.
- It is understood that ACDA/MMEA will not assume financial responsibilities for travel, food, lodging for ACDA/MMEA Member presenters. This application implies that the above-mentioned presenter is prepared to travel and present at the conference if accepted.
The following are important factors that the selection committee will consider in their selection process:
- Will the information you present inform/equip attendees to better deliver music instruction or help future music educators in their pursuit of that career?
- Is the information you present central to our attendees’ work or study? Will they be able to incorporate what they learn quickly?
- Is your information what attendees want to learn?
- The programming intent is to present a range of topics to achieve a balance and offer opportunities for all attendees’ interests. Formats may include: lecture, panels, repertoire session, demonstrations.