Arts Education Awards Nominations
The Mississippi Alliance for Arts Education (MAAE) 2019 Arts in Education Awards will be presented at a special Awards Ceremony to be announced at a later date.
Teachers, administrators and program/institution leaders may nominate themselves or their own programs, or others may nominate them. Each award category requires a completed nomination form, a narrative that answers several questions, and supporting documents. Deadline for receipt of the complete nomination packet is April 15, 2019. This is not a postmark date; it is a receipt deadline. Link to Nomination Packets above.
Please Note: Award recipients must be present at the MAAE Arts Education Awards Event during the Whole Schools Institute to receive the award.
An awards panel that includes representatives from across the state will review and evaluate all nominations submitted by the deadline. The recipient will be notified about selection in May. All other nominees will receive written notification once the awards have been publicly announced. Only complete nomination packets will be considered. Requests for the return of nomination materials must be accompanied by a self-addressed return mail package that includes adequate postage.
Nomination Form and Supporting Materials
Please read the description of the criteria for each award carefully.
Required for a complete nomination packet:
1) Nomination form (available below)
2) Current vita/resume (for individual award nominees only)
3) Biography of 100 words
4) Three letters of recommendation from individuals such as:
- current school district Superintendent or Chief Executive Officer;
- immediate supervisor (such as dance, music, theatre, visual art, or classroom supervisor, or another
administrator familiar with your teaching or work);
- one person of your choice who is knowledgeable about your teaching or work.
5) Enclose the following:
- a flashdrive to include a head shot of the nominee for the individual awards OR a picture of the group’s board, school arts leaders, etc. AND 6-8 still photos that show the story to celebrate the arts in education work to accompany the application. BE SURE that the pictures showcase the reasons the person/school/group DESERVES the award.
Please Note: The complete packet as described above must be submitted by U.S. mail ONLY.
Nomination deadline: April 15, 2019
Questions? Contact Awards Chair Win Maxey-Shumate at email@example.com
Send the complete packet to:
Win Maxey-Shumate, MAAE Awards Chair
Meridian Community College
910 Hwy 19 North
Meridian, MS 39307
The nomination packet must be complete to be considered for one of the MAAE Arts in Education awards.
Please share this information with the following: Arts Teachers, Principals, Administrators, School Committees, Arts Advocates, Higher Education Faculty, Local Museums, Cultural Institutions and Community Arts Programs