The mission of the Mississippi Alliance for Arts Education is to advocate for high quality, comprehensive and sequential arts education for all Mississippi students.
The goals of MAAE are to:
- serve as a common source of information and point of interaction concerning arts education for K-12 and higher education units, community and professional arts groups, the Department of Education and the Mississippi Arts Commission
- raise the awareness of the general public concerning arts education issues
- provide opportunities for collaboration and build partnerships among arts organizations
- cultivate legislative and governmental connections that promote the arts
- recognize and celebrate excellence in arts education throughout the state.